News Releases Found 475
14 Sep 2020
As part of HS2’s plans to reduce its carbon footprint, a new carbon and cost estimating solution powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) is being trialled on a number of HS2 sites managed by the Skanska Costain STRABAG joint venture.
Five UK-based cutting-edge tech firms announced as first to join HS2 Innovation Accelerator initiative11 Sep 2020
- Wearable tech for construction sites, drone monitoring of tree planting and species DNA tracking to maintain biodiversity just some of the early ideas being pioneered on the project.
- Applications now open to be part of second intake of young tech firms vying to help build Britain’s new high speed rail network
10 Sep 2020
In order to build Britain’s new high speed railway, thousands of archaeologists in the UK have been embarking upon Europe’s largest archaeological dig, excavating over 60 sites between London and the West Midlands. For the third year in a row, HS2’s historic environment team and contractors will be taking part in the Heritage Open Day festival delivering ten webinars in which archaeological discoveries from near where the new track will be built are to be revealed.
09 Sep 2020
- HS2 – The Biggest Dig, a three part documentary series, to air on BBC Two from Tuesday 15 September
- Series presented by anthropologist and anatomist, Professor Alice Roberts, and historian, Dr Yasmin Khan.
04 Sep 2020
- Major milestone for Europe’s largest infrastructure project as it moves from enabling works to full construction following Government’s approval for Notice to Proceed in April
- HS2 Ltd and its Tier One contractors expect to recruit for around 22,000 roles in the coming years to build the Phase One route – offering people a path back into work after the pandemic
- HS2 Ltd CEO Mark Thurston: “the reality of high speed journeys joining up Britain’s biggest cities in the North and Midlands and using that connectivity to help level up the country has just moved a step closer”
- NEW HS2 animations, infographics, drone footage and more available at this link: https://visual.library.hs2.org.uk/p/share/HoMPX6th7pT2
02 Sep 2020
HS2 Ltd has strengthened its partnership with charitable organisation The Social Mobility Foundation (SMF) in a bid to help support the ‘covid generation’. One young apprentice goes from HS2 work experience to an engineering apprenticeship with Dyson.