News Releases Found 372
06 Jan 2022
- New images showing the green tunnel at Greatworth, Northamptonshire, with similar designs planned for Wendover and Chipping Warden
- Modular design set to cut embedded carbon in construction by 50% inspired by TGV-style off-site manufacturing techniques
05 Jan 2022
HS2’s construction partner, Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV), is launching a major recruitment drive to bolster its workforce ready to deliver its huge programme of construction works into 2022 and beyond.
28 Dec 2021
- New images of major construction moments, big contract awards and significant jobs milestones: https://mediacentre.hs2.org.uk/resources/f/construction/hs2-in-2021
- See the year in pictures with photos and a video showcasing the scale of work and the big milestone moments: https://youtu.be/1S624iIKqFg
- Mark Thurston, HS2 CEO: “It has been a year of major moments for HS2 – from the start of tunnelling, to hitting 20,000 jobs, to awarding the contract to build our trains – 2021 really showed the incredible momentum on Britain’s biggest infrastructure project.”
21 Dec 2021
Pupils at Newall Green Primary School in Manchester were treated to a history lesson with a difference as Balfour Beatty contractors, working on behalf of HS2, presented them with a rock sample dating back over 240 million years.
20 Dec 2021
HS2 Ltd, the company delivering Britain’s new low carbon high speed railway, has launched its search for more talented graduates to join its 2022 programme.
17 Dec 2021
The construction of the UK’s longest railway bridge took another major step forward this week with the start of work on the first of 56 giant concrete piers that will support the Colne Valley Viaduct as it crosses a series of lakes on the outskirts of London.