News Releases Found 665
06 Nov 2023
HS2 Ltd is the first infrastructure company to be awarded the ‘Inclusive Environments Recognition’ certification at organisational level by the Construction Industry Council (CIC).
01 Nov 2023
- £75,000 HS2 grant awarded to Lichfield and Hatherton Canals Restoration Trust (LHCRT) has helped restore a 120-metre section of canal
- The project includes an ecology nature trail which will be open to the public
- Video highlighting completed works here
31 Oct 2023
HS2 has begun lifting the first of 72 huge beams that will support the deck of the Thame Valley Viaduct – the first of its kind in the UK to have all major elements manufactured off site.
30 Oct 2023
Jess Phillips, Labour MP for Birmingham Yardley, visited HS2’s headquarters to show support for HS2’s Young Adults programme, which upskills women who are out of work so they can begin new careers in construction.
24 Oct 2023
- First 1,700-tonne machine has been lifted in parts down into a shaft
- Images available here: https://mediacentre.hs2.org.uk/resources/f/construction/london-tunnels/progress-3/northolt-tunnel/northolt-tunnels-east-tbms
- Video available here: https://youtu.be/-kOknlXK5bU
20 Oct 2023
- HS2 Limited has welcomed 40 graduates and 19 apprentices- the largest cohort of future talent to join the company since operations began in 2009.
- The new intake forms part of the 2,000 apprenticeships set to be created across the programme’s lifecycle.