News Releases Found 374
30 Nov 2021
HS2 today confirmed that Derbyshire-based Stanton Precast Ltd, has been awarded a major contract to deliver three innovative 'green tunnels' for the high-speed rail project in a move that is set to create up to 100 local jobs.
29 Nov 2021
- Construction site accommodation block will include space for the Construction Skills Centre
- Up to 2,500 workers and 150 students could be using the facility on a daily basis
26 Nov 2021
HS2’s latest performance data shows it has supported over 1400 people who were out of work into employment, demonstrating the project’s crucial role in the drive to Build Back Better and equip people with ‘Skills for Life’.
25 Nov 2021
- Work to start on ‘Marston Box’ bridge which will carry HS2 over the M42
- First hi-tech ‘box slide’ of its kind over a motorway in the UK will slide a 10,000 tonne bridge into position next year
- Unique construction method dramatically reduces traffic disruption – a quicker and safer solution
- Images available here: https://mediacentre.hs2.org.uk/resources/f/construction/the-midlands/bridges-2
22 Nov 2021
- Concrete frame and substructure specialist Expanded started work on site last month
- The Old Oak Common Station box will be 850m long - the length of eight football pitches
- 690,000 cubic meters of clay will be removed, enough to fill eight Royal Albert Halls
19 Nov 2021
John Henry Newman Catholic School in Chelmsley Wood will use the funding from HS2 to improve the health and wellbeing of students, offering employment support, skills and training.