News Releases Found 420
14 Mar 2022
- Two enormous Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) excavating HS2’s longest tunnels have completed the first stage of their drive – from the Chiltern tunnel’s south portal to the first ventilation shaft at Chalfont St Peter
- Download latest photos of the Chiltern tunnel and Chalfont St Peter vent shaft
- Download or embed a new video showing latest progress within the tunnels
14 Mar 2022
The opportunity to have your say on proposals to extend Britain’s new zero carbon high speed railway to Manchester must be submitted before the public consultation closes on 31 March 2022.
10 Mar 2022
- HS2 donates 400 oak tree saplings to 12 local organisations in Warwickshire, including Water Orton School and High Meadow Community School
- The saplings will be used as centre pieces in local green spaces and as part of green educational programmes
- The saplings were grown from acorns from an oak tree at Coleshill
- Watch a video of the school children planting the saplings: https://youtu.be/WTEpvs36BMM
09 Mar 2022
- Designs updated from 2015 show how the major London transport hub will be transformed with the arrival of HS2
- 3,000 jobs and millions of pounds of business contract opportunities set to be unlocked by HS2 construction
- Striking images of the HS2 station available here: https://visual.library.hs2.org.uk/p/share/JB9Q5I3z4Ihg
08 Mar 2022
- Free construction training and paid work placements to help women develop a career in construction.
- Exclusive women-only plant machine operative day to be held on Saturday, 12 March at the Operator Skills Hub in Curdworth, Sutton Coldfield.