News Releases Found 475
04 Jul 2022
HS2 today revealed updated designs for the Amersham vent shaft headhouse – one of five structures that will provide ventilation and emergency access to the high-speed rail line’s 10 mile-long Chiltern tunnel.
04 Jul 2022
21-year-old Sam Arrowsmith from Stratford upon Avon has been crowned HS2’s Apprentice of the Year at an awards ceremony held at the Houses of Parliament today (Monday 4 July).
30 Jun 2022
- A new conveyor over the Grand Union Canal will transport over 750,000 tonnes of material, removing around 30,000 lorry journeys from local roads
- The machine moves material excavated from the Long Itchington Wood Tunnel to be reused on other HS2 sites
- A newly released video shows the conveyer in action: https://youtu.be/ZHjDH4AGTz0
27 Jun 2022
As women across the world are celebrated for the role they play in the engineering sector, HS2 is shining a light on the emerging talent helping to build Britain’s new railway on International Women in Engineering Day (Thursday, 23 June 2022).
24 Jun 2022
- Images revealed for HS2’s Washwood Heath Depot and Network Integrated Control Centre: https://mediacentre.hs2.org.uk/resources/f/construction/the-midlands/washwood-heath
- Designs celebrate local heritage and include landscaped habitats, renewable energy, electric vehicle parking, cycling and pedestrian pathways
- The new facility will create around 550 jobs for local people
23 Jun 2022
- HS2 Ltd reveals the first images and video of the 550,000 sq m site in Kingsbury, Warks that will produce thousands of segments for the nearby nine-viaduct network - https://mediacentre.hs2.org.uk/resources/f/construction/the-midlands/kingsbury-viaduct-precast-site
- Prep works for the Delta Junction, one of the most complex sections of the entire HS2 route, to start this summer
- Apprentices and graduates among the 1,000 strong workforce at site