News Releases Found 665
18 Oct 2023
A new exhibition that showcases the hugely ambitious tunnels being constructed as part of the new HS2 line has been unveiled at Birmingham's award-winning science museum, Thinktank.
17 Oct 2023
- Community feedback results in wider walkway for pedestrians and provision for cyclists
- Designs incorporate additional LED lighting to improve safety at night, and new landscape plans include woodland trees and shrubs
- Community drop-in event to view designs on Thursday 19 October
- View new design CGIs
17 Oct 2023
- HS2 is using the rail network to move materials for construction, reducing impact on Britain’s roads
- New video shows how HS2 is using rail to deliver tunnel segments rings from Kent to Hillingdon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObzaNBZL3Xo
22 Sep 2023
Students from across Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire got an insight into the huge range of jobs on offer at HS2 this week when the high speed rail project opened its doors to local schools and colleges.
14 Sep 2023
- Funding through HS2’s Community & Environment Fund (CEF) has improved the pavilion’s facilities ensuring it can continue to cater for the next generation of cricketers.
- Over 250 projects along the route of the UK’s new high-speed rail line are benefitting from increased funding, reducing the impact of HS2's construction programme on local communities.
13 Sep 2023
- The 2.7km Greatworth ‘green tunnel’ will be built on the surface before being covered by earth, trees and shrubs to fit in with the Northamptonshire countryside
- Download new photos of the first completed tunnel ‘arches’, images showing how it will look once complete
- Download or embed a broadcast quality animation showing what green tunnels are, and how they are built. Download or embed time-lapse footage of construction.